This Will Change Your Life! 🔥👍🏽
During my professional career, I encountered the first serious injury that truly challenged me: a debilitating neck injury. Spending countless hours with my nose buried in engineering textbooks, coupled with my quest to become the fittest person on earth, meant that I often found myself hunched over with the weight of the world on my shoulders—literally and figuratively. This took an incredible toll on my neck.
I vividly remember the pain being so severe that deep breaths were impossible, and lying on my back was out of the question. My only solace was sitting with my back flush against a wall, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep at night. Back then, financial constraints meant that professional physical therapy was not an option, leaving me to my own devices to find a remedy for my ailment.
Enter the barbell neck release exercise—a game changer that has kept my neck pain at bay for the past decade. Here’s how you can do it:
- Place a barbell on a squat rack, adjusting it to a height slightly lower than usual.
- Walk under the barbell and spread your legs, ensuring that as you stand up, you can control the pressure applied.
- Find a trigger point (a tight, knotted area in your muscles that can cause pain in other parts of the body when pressed) in your neck, and gently move your arm or neck to aid in its release.
- Gradually increase the pressure as your neck starts to feel better.
This exercise is beneficial for, not only people like me who have experienced neck injuries, but also for:
- new moms who often find themselves with neck pain from holding their babies
- individuals who spend long hours at a computer or engrossed in a book
- Feroce Fitness athletes experiencing muscle tension from new movements
The constant hunched-over position can cause the muscles in the neck and upper back to become tight and form trigger points, leading to pain and discomfort. Regularly performing this barbell neck release exercise can help to alleviate this tension, providing much-needed relief.
Watch the video demo on my Instagram page and let me know how this works for you!